Thursday, October 16, 2008

Front Logics

Its been a while since I have posted any progress. That's mostly due to a very slow collecting of parts and the need to replace some tools.

Now that I'm back to work on my dome, I finished sanding the HP holes and went to work on the Logic panels. When I finished cutting the front logic area, I put the surrounds in place only to find that they were not well adjusted to the thickness of my dome.

Apparently the thickness of the 300mm dome is greater than that of the C&J domes and others. Its a positive thing because the dome is more sturdy but when both inner and outer dome are put together, the thickness is great enough that the logic panel is recessed.

Not all of the pictures taken came out, but here is one that shows the logics looking perfectly placed. The problem is that what you are seeing is only the inner dome. The outer thickness hasnt been added yet. All in all I think its a couple of mm short.














I'm not sure how to handle the problem yet. I considered filing down the outside of the logics so that they would sit flush, but that runs the risk of messing up the perfect curve on the face. Another option would be to take a little off of the inner dome.

I'll post the results when I know what I'm going to do.

No comments: