Monday, November 17, 2008

Frustrations

Most of the time people post about all their successes and the great work that is being done. Its great to share those things, but why doesn't anyone share their failures and frustrations?

R2 Building is not easy. It takes a lot of time and it takes some failures along the way. Today was one of those days. It was the single most frustrating day in my build so far.

Lets start with this crappy rust bucket car in my garage. Its not mine, its for a "Youth project" which is never going to happen. It crowds my workspace so that I have less than 2.5x3 feet of space in front of my work bench, and I have to crawl over the hood to get there. Just tonight it has been responsible for the loss of 3 screws and a small wrench. It has also torn some of my better jeans with its rusty snags.

As I continued work on my dome plates, I blew out one of the JB welded screws (one of the lost) and had a heck of a time getting the dome plates in place once the HP's and logics were involved.

So, I tried a hand at getting the PSI's set up. I couldn't get the PVC assembly right for holding the lenses and attaching to the plate. I guess I just realized how little I know on the subject, which left me throwing my hands in the air with resignation.

If all that wasn't enough, I found out that my green LED's on my rear PSI have a short and like to go out on me.

2 comments:

Victor Franco said...

Steve,

1. Hang in there. There will be setbacks and triumphs.

2. We have all been there, even though we don't readily admit to it. Sometimes I mention my setbacks, sometimes I'm a bit embarrassed by them and keep them to myself. But you are definitely not alone.

-Victor

Anonymous said...

If you need help pushing the car out and onto the street let me know. ;)

We all have bad days with the build, and we do post about it, but those who haven't been through it probably skip over the pain between the lines.

You know you can give me a call anytime to talk thru stuff.

Chris